Do you have children of your own or ones you care about? You may want to read this.
Hand sanitizer, long used as a quick fix against bacteria in homes, schools, offices and public spaces may be more of a foe than a friend when children are concerned.
Apart from potentially creating “superbugs,” or bacteria that is resistant to antibacterial lotions and soaps, hand sanitizer can cause damage through ingestion.
School children throughout the nation are falling victim to alcohol poisoning as a result of ingesting hand sanitizer, which contains between 45% and 95% of alcohol.
While some children drink the hand sanitizer intentionally, others may be drawn to its artificial flavors or as a dare from a classmate. Whatever their reason for consuming the product, it is an extremely dangerous, life-threatening activity that should be stopped.
Is your child aware of the dangers of consuming hand sanitizer?
For more information on this topic, please see the link.