Front Desk Staff
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Receive persons presenting to reception area.
- Check patients in and out.
- Collect co-pays and payments for services from patients
- Collect and enter registration information in EMR
- Verify patient insurance eligibility prior to appointments
- Obtain pre-authorization to provide medical services to patients who have a non-participating insurance
- Assist with patient flow
- Schedule patients efficiently, follow up with patients for missed appointments
- Participate in patient recruitment and retention activities.
- Assist with referrals to external agencies/services.
- Receive incoming telephone calls, redirects those calls and/or records messages.
- Ensure that patient records are accurate and complete, and that patient confidentiality is strictly maintained.
- Participate in Quality Improvement activities
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of working experience required. Some college education with 1 year of working experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills are required
- Experience in outpatient clinic reception is preferred.
- Written and verbal communication skills in English required.
- Proficiency in common office software (Word, Excel), and ability to enter data accurately required.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Ability to sit in front of computer long hours required.
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development.
- Able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Being pleasant and personable over the phone as well as in person required.
- Knowledge of Centricity and Amazing Charts software is preferred.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
To be considered, please include the job title in email subject line and send your resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org