February is National Condom Month and it highlights our awareness of how condom use is a very effective way to prevent and protect against sexual transmitted diseases and unplanned pregnancy.
According to www.factsaboutcondoms.com:
- There are 65 million people in the U.S. living with an incurable STI.
- There are 3.2 million unintended pregnancies each year in the U.S.
- 2 in 3 sex acts among single adults don’t involve a condom.
- Latex condoms form an impermeable barrier to sperm and STI pathogens.
- When used consistently and correctly, latex condoms are 98% effective in preventing unintended pregnancy.
- Many of today’s condoms are designed to increase pleasure and provide protection to both partners.
Schedule an appointment with our doctors to learn more about preventing Sexually Transmitted Diseases, or what to do if you may have contracted one.